I have 7+ years of professional experience building scalable APIs and webapps, using PHP, Node.js, and React, to realize the potential of the next big idea.
I graduated with a B.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Georgia, class of 2018.
Current and Past Projects
A discontinued third-party Yik Yak app for Windows Phone, written in WinJS. At its peak, the app had more than 30,000 users.
A lightweight PHP/MySQL blogging platform, intended as an alternative to WordPress on free or shared hosting.
A plugin for Spigot Minecraft servers that allows server operators to define WorldGuard regions with automatic gamemode enforcement, such as creative-only zones.
Senior Developer at Wit Labs (June 2018 - present)
We make Wit, a white-labeled video contest platform for fan engagement activations in sports and entertainment.
- I lead development on the entire Wit platform, including the core API, the webapp, and the management console for brands.
- On the direct-to-consumer side of Wit, I also maintain the Wit Android app.
Senior Developer at Manki Business (June 2017 - present)
Manki Business is a small, versatile consulting firm that specializes in iOS and web development.
- I specialize in making efficient web applications in both PHP and Node.js & React to meet our clients' exacting specifications.
- I've realized products for clients such as DonorUP, The Vendry, LeadRank ML, Bedtime, and Tote, among others. For The Vendry, I singularly took over early development from an overseas team and built a full-fledged directory for events professionals.
Lead Backend Developer at Friendsy (June 2015 - May 2017)
Friendsy is a social networking app exclusive to college students.
- Duties included developing new API features for our mobile apps, maintaining & scaling our infrastructure on AWS, and optimizing existing server-side code.
- In two weeks, I overhauled the devops infrastructure and optimized core parts of the backend, resulting in a 4.5x increase in application performance.
- I developed a number of internal tools to help my coworkers and myself manage the Friendsy platform easily and more efficiently.